2017 | Year in Review
Now that 2018 is around the corner, it is time to look back on 2017. This year, time went just as fast as we grew- at an exciting pace. Over the past 12 months, we learnt new things and created more features, we met new people and formed more relations than in 2016.
Here are the headlines of 2017:
- Nominated for “The World is Yours” award by Business Region Aarhus
- Released 4 new features
- Developed a new website offered in new 7 languages
- Created our Helpdesk
- Participated in +20 events
- Serviced over 7,000 merchants
- Handled over 22,000 transactions per day
- 9 new blog posts and 3 new customer cases
- Increased our staff with 14 new colleagues
In 2016 we earned the title Best Exponential Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards.
In 2017 we received the nomination for “The World is Yours” award by Business Region Aarhus which is given to businesses with a scalable model looking to make big moves in foreign markets. At the event we were in the company of our clients Plinthit and Canvas Planner, the former being nominated for “The World is Yours” like us, while latter for the “Young Stars” award.
In spite of us not winning, we were very glad that Plinthit did! You can read about how Clearhaus supports Plinthit in our customer case.
The Features Developed tech and relevant service are part of our playbook. In 2017 we added more chapters to it.
Developed tech and relevant service are part of our playbook. In 2017 we added more chapters to it.
The 4 big features are:
- Settlements API including Settlement Query Language (Merchant API)
- Settlement and Dispute e-mail notifications
- CSV/Excel exports of Transaction(s)
- Excel/PDF exports of Settlement(s)
Settlement data allows you to track transactions related to a settlement period and provide a summary of fees and sales. It is available in the Dashboard, however, API access allows you to automate settlement processing which can make accounting easier.
You can enable Settlement and Dispute notifications, as well as export Transactions/Settlements in the Dashboard.
The Website and Helpdesk
Times always change and we love keeping up with them. That’s why in 2017 we decided to improve our website by making it more user-friendly:
- A sleeker look
- Easier to use
- Besides English and Danish, the website is now available in Norwegian, Swedish, German, Polish, Romanian, Spanish and Slovenian
We like leaving no question unanswered, both by picking up the phone, and by posting helpful content about our services on the Helpdesk.
The Helpdesk is constantly updated, so you can be sure that we’ll be working on having the latest information ready for you.
In 2017 we attended plenty of conferences and summits from which we learnt a lot. It is our duty to share the knowledge that we’ve gained, so here are the main points on e-Commerce from 2017:
- Get familiar with PSD2
- Digital wallets are slowly becoming a “must”
- Expand integrations in your accounting programme for faster and better decision making
- Know the difference between fraud and scams when it comes to online payments
- Most fraudulent transactions in Denmark come from lost or stolen cards, whereas other countries have a large number or fraudulent transactions coming from fake cards
In business, decisions can impact us all. That’s why it is important to make well-informed ones. The only way to do that is by acquiring more knowledge. And, just as important as gaining knowledge is sharing it. We truly believe in this sequence, that’s why in 2017 we wrote 9 new blog posts about facts and subjects from the payment industry & e-Commerce, as well 3 new customer cases presenting how we collaborate with and help our customers.
The 9 blog posts are:
- A Quick Guide to Payments in e-Commerce
- e-Commerce in Numbers
- How You Can Prevent Fraud in Your Webshop
- Fraud in e-Commerce
- Most important points from PSD2
- All about 3-D Secure and 3-D Secure 2.0
- All You Need to Know About Pharma Hacking
- How to choose the right gateway
- How to choose the right acquirer
The 3 customer cases are:
Service and staff
2017 was a busy year, and we wouldn’t have liked it to be any different. The number of businesses that trust Clearhaus has passed 7,000, having us to handle more than 22,000 transactions per day.
We at Clearhaus work on stepping up our game every step of the way so you can have a better merchant experience and focus on growing your business.
To help us do this, in 2017 we increased our staff with 14 members, investing especially in the tech and support departments.
See our short video about working at Clearhaus.
Looking forward to 2018
2017 was filled with exciting events and challenges, and for 2018 we only want one thing- more of them all.
Our goals in 2018 are to:
- Expand our offer of services
- Gain and share more knowledge
- Reach and support more merchants looking to make their mark in the world of e-Commercemmerce